Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Photo IV Blog Assign #2: More pics

Here are more interesting images!
Three images I like:


1) The Monkey King Vali's Funeral Pyre, ca. 1780.  I love this watercolor painting because of its very flat two-dimensional quality.  It reminds me of medieval European art (though I know its not).  Very flat with a stacked perspective.




2) EAT LACMA, Show Us How You Eat, I love this image from the show because of the exploding banana.  The energy comes through in the mutitude of diagonal lines radiating out of the fruit.





3)  ›Visual Narratives‹  I like this photograph by Johan van der Keuken because of the way that the central figures are framed by the architectural features in the background.

Three of my recent original works:



1)  I find the gradation within the clouds interesting



2) I chose this photo because it makes me think about the function of a photograph in a different way, and the soft focus employed makes identifying the "object" insignificant.

3) I posted this photo because it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment